So you've brought your new crystals home....now what?
Most people are excited to get their new crystals, but can feel lost with what to do with them once they're home.
Where you place your crystals around your home or space matters. Just like you wouldn't place a plant that needs lots of sunlight in a dark corner, you wouldn't put your new piece of Citrine right near your bed.
Crystals work with energy - so consideration needs to be given to the energy of a room, it's layout and it's main purpose. There are some basic rules when it comes to crystal placement, but a lot of the time your intuition will steer you in the right direction. However, if you and your intuition are going through a rough time right now - here are some placement tips you can follow:
- crystals need to be seen - they act as a visual reminder of your intentions and the crystal's healing properties
- place crystals near things that hold energetic value for you like photos, your favourite books, or a loved piece of furniture - anything of sentimental or nostalgic value
- crystals need to be touchable - so avoid putting them down too low (below knee-height) or too high where you can't reach them
- place crystals in a clean, uncluttered space. Crystals + clutter = a lot of energy in one space
- personally I like to put crystals near a window where they can catch and project natural light
- crystals that are placed near something that's living - like plants - strengthens their power
As a general guide, crystals that energise are usually your orange/yellow crystals, so it's best to avoid putting these crystals in your bedroom. You could however, put these crystals in a creative space, somewhere you write, paint, dance etc. Crystals like orange calcite, citrine, ruby, jasper or carnelian.
Crystals that calm energy would obviously be good for a bedroom or bathroom. Crystals like rose quartz, amethyst, aquamarine, smoky quartz, white howlite, selenite and sodalite.
For an office or workspace I like to use crystals that ground your energy and help with concentration. Crystals like smoky quartz, fluorite, hematite, tourmaline quartz, black tourmaline, tiger's eye, agate, aragonite, carnelian and lepidolite.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, it's more of a quick overview/guide. There are hundreds of crystals out there, I just like to write about the ones that I know and that I've worked with a lot.
Check out my full guide - Maximise your crystals' energy through placement - to get my crystal placement tips for each room in your house.